Development, construction and operation of PV plants
EDF Renewables has been engaged in the renewable energy sector in Germany for more than 20 years. Since then, we have realised more than 700 MW of onshore wind projects and currently operate more than 300 MW. Another core competence is the technical and commercial asset management, including 24⁄7 monitoring – in addition, we offer customised battery storage solutions.
In keeping with our many years of expertise in wind energy, we are now increasingly expanding into the photovoltaic sector. And this could be interesting for you, because:
Seeking sites for ground-mounted PV projects
If you have vacant land that is suitable for the realisation of a PV project, we should get to know each other: we will make you an attractive offer – be it for lease or for sale.
Why we are the right partner
As part of the EDF Renewables Group, we have in-depth experience and know-how in the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects. For you, this means that we are able to realise projects quickly and reliably.
Our strong points:
- Active in the German renewables market for over 20 years
- Part of a globally active group with corresponding resources: know-how, skilled staff and supplier contacts
- Competent player in tender procedures worldwide, with numerous projects won in competitive bidding procedures
- Good contacts with approval authorities, which ensures high realisation rates and reliable scheduling
- ‘Optimisation’ of your area by our teams enables high electricity generation by PV systems
- Long-term partner who keeps projects under own operation and does not sell them in the short term to yield-oriented financial investors
- We cooperate closely with communities and residents and offer both the opportunity to participate in the long-term economic success of our projects in their region
- Partner network with regard to power purchase agreements (PPAs) for the short‑, medium- or long-term sale of the energy produced.
- Mediation of innovative solutions such as storage and / or production of green hydrogen from the yields of the PV systems
Globally experienced project developer solar energy
As part of the international EDF Renewables Group, EDF Renewables Germany can draw on many years of experience in the planning, development and construction of PV plants worldwide. This is complemented by expertise in financing, procurement of components and optimising performance.
The group is a global leader in the field of ground-mounted photovoltaics. It operates PV plants in France and North America and has recently gained a foothold in several growth markets in South America, Asia and the Middle East – worldwide, the installed solar energy capacity of the EDF Renewables Group amounts to 3,225 MWp.
The German government’s climate targets stipulate that 80 per cent of our electricity should come from renewables by 2030. The EDF Renewables Group is aiming for a worldwide installed net renewable energy capacity of 60 GW by 2030.
The energy transition, i.e. a sustainable energy supply including climate-neutral power generation, is an enormous challenge that we can only master together. We are part of it – are you?