EDF Renewables is one of the world’s leading players in the renewable energy sector. We have extensive know-how and experience in the field of wind energy in particular. Regarding onshore wind energy, EDF Renewables is one of the pioneers in Germany and has been engaged in this sector for many years. In the area of offshore wind energy, we are continuously expanding our commitment, drawing on the expertise, experience and resources of the global EDF Renewables Group.
Our competence lies in the development, construction and optimised operation of new wind farms as well as the repowering of existing plants that have reached a certain age or will run out of EEG subsidies in the future.
In close cooperation with our parent company in France and leading partners, we plan, install and operate wind turbines throughout Germany – on land and at sea. Thanks to several decades of project work in more than 20 countries under our belt, we not only have a significant market presence but also in-depth know-how and relevant experience. Another plus: our industry network, which has grown over the years.
- Site selection and securing
- Site planning and optimisation of project design
- Approval procedure
- Procurement of components
- Replacement of existing farms with more powerful plants
- Planning and construction supervision
- General contractor
- Management subcontractors / service providers
- Technical and commercial management
- Optimisation of costs and yield
- Continued operation of Plus20 / post-EEG plants
A few facts & figures
- Approx. 600 MW in the pipeline
- Approx. 175 MW under own management
- Approx. 600 MW of third-party ownership in operation
- Approx. 40 MW of repowering measures